In India, we are enjoying a rise in the number of people who are sharing their interest in the field of Interior Designing. The reason behind this is the fact that this field welcomes every person with open arms. Also, with a certain factor of increasing population and living spaces shrinking, the need of interior designer is increasing day by day.
So, if you too are thinking of choosing this field of interest then there are some things that you should get familiar to firsthand. Today, we will talk about 8 must-know facts about the world of Interior designers and Interior designing as a whole. These facts will help you to get a clear view of what this field has in itself for you.
- Interior Designing isn’t just designing: Apart from skills in space management, furniture and technical designing you need to learn some other skills too. Skills like communication and networking are some quite important to become successful in the field of Interior Designing.
- India is a growing market: For those who are looking for a growing market regarding Interior Designing, India is full of opportunities for them. With an increasing population and shrinking living space, people are putting emphasis on more and more on space management and this is when an Interior designer comes into the picture.
- NO one is going to ask for a degree: Formal education is one of the most important things that people look for in their service providers in India. But, this particular field takes off this omnipotent burden as all you need to do is to prove your worth through skills.
- Specialization is important: Just like there is a field where doctors specialize, Interior designers to have to look for some as well. Some of you are great with Household and hospitality designing while some might have a talent of creating great commercial building designs. So, choosing a specialization that suits you the most is important.
- Interior Designing isn’t Interior decoration: The one most important thing that you should understand is that decoration and Designing are two separate and very different terms. So, if you are great with decoration that does not mean you will do equally great designing.
- Flexible hours: One major pro of choosing interior designing as a career is that you do not have to work as a boring office job. There are too many factors that demand you to remain on the field rather than in the office.
- A field with great scope: Not just in India, but there are great markets which are surprisingly rewarding. According to a survey, even entry-level designers are able to earn something around 4 to 5 lakhs per annum. These figures grow exponentially as you gain experience and just with 5 years of experience you will be enjoy anything between 25 to 30 lakhs per annum.
- Not a Piece of cake: For those who are looking forward to coming in this field with a misconception of it being an easy job, it is not a piece of cake. You will need to update your knowledge constantly and there will be times when you would have to comprise your sleep for days. So, be prepared for it.