There are times when you would want to change your PAN card for some or the other reason. You can easily get the pan card correction form online for quick action. It is possible to change your name, Date of Birth, Address and Father’s name.
Necessary supporting documents that need to be submitted along with the application for correction or change in PAN card are –
1. ID proof
2. Address Proof
3. Date of Birth proof
4. Proof of PAN
5. Supporting document for correction/ change in PAN card
6. 2 passport size photographs
Here is a list of acceptable documents for an identity proof –
a. Copy of Aadhaar Card
b. Copy of Voter Id card
c. Copy of Driving License
d. Passport Copy
e. Copy of Ration card with a photograph of the applicant
f. Arm’s license copy
g. Copy of Photo identity card issued by the Central Government or State Government or Public Sector Undertaking
h. Copy of Pensioner card with the photograph of the applicant
i. Copy of Central Government Health Service Scheme Card or Ex-Servicemen Contributory Health Scheme photo card
j. Certificate of identity in Original duly attested by a Member of Parliament or Member of Legislative Assembly or Municipal Councillor or a Gazetted officer, as the case may be
k. Bank certificate in Original on letterhead from the branch (along with name and stamp of the issuing officer) with duly attested photograph and bank account number of the applicant
Acceptable documents for Proof of Address are –
a. Aadhaar Card
b. Voter identity card
c. Driving License
e. Passport of the spouse
f. Post office passbook having correct address of the applicant
g. Latest property tax assessment order
h. Domicile certificate issued by the Government
i. Allotment letter of accommodation issued by Central or State
Government which is not more than three years old
j. Property Registration Document
k. Electricity Bill
l. Landline Telephone or Broadband connection bill
m. Water Bill
n. Consumer gas connection card or book or piped gas bill
o. Bank account statement
p. Depository account statement
q. Credit card statement
r. Certificate of address in Original signed by a Member of Parliament or Member of Legislative Assembly or Municipal Councillor or a Gazetted officer, as the case may be
s. Employer certificate in original
Acceptable documents for proof of Date of Birth are –
a. Aadhaar Card
b. Voter identity card
c. Driving License
e. Matriculation Certificate or Mark Sheet of recognized board
f. Birth Certificate issued by the Municipal Authority or any office authorized to issue Birth and Death Certificate by the Registrar of Birth and Death or the Indian Consulate
g. Photo identity card issued by the Central Government or State Government or Public Sector Undertaking or State Public Sector Undertaking
h. Domicile Certificate issued by the Government
i. Central Government Health Service Scheme Photo Card or Ex- Servicemen Contributory Health Scheme photo card
j. Pension payment order
k. Marriage certificate issued by Registrar of Marriages
l. Affidavit sworn before a magistrate stating the date of birth
For proof of PAN, pan card and the copy of PAN allotment letter is required failing which the application may be accepted on a ‘good effort’ basis.
For the changes, the documents required are –
For married ladies (change of name/surname)
• Marriage certificate
• Marriage invitation card
• Copy of passport showing husband’s name
• Publication of name change in official gazette
• Certificate issued by a Gazetted officer (only for a change in applicant’s name)
For other applicants, publication of name change in official gazette or Certificate issued by a Gazetted officer is acceptable.
For companies, ROC’s certificate for the name change is sufficient.
For Firms / Limited Liability Partnerships, Revised partnership deed and/or Registrar of Firm/LLP’s certificate for the name change is required.
For AOP/Trust/BOI/AJP/LOCAL authority, Revised Deed/ Agreement and revised registration certificate should hold good.
Steps for online correction of PAN –
1. Browse to the NSDL website and click on “Online Application for Changes Or Correction in PAN Data (PAN Change Request Form)”. This is the PAN card form Online that you need.
2. You will be redirected to another page showing details regarding online application, payments, acknowledgment, mode of submission of documents, etc. Scroll down on the page and select the suitable category of applicant. The category shows various options such as individuals, partnership firm, the body of individuals, HUF, trust etc. Choose and click on the “Select” option.
3. A form with heading “Request For New PAN Card Or/And Changes Or Correction in PAN Data” will appear. Fill in the required details in the form with the correct changes.
4. Once done with the corrections and changes, click on the submit button.
5. You will get an acknowledgment slip. After this, select the payment option (online or through DD), to pay the amount of₹. 110 (for an address in India) and ₹. 1,020 (for foreign addresses). Online payment can be made only by way of credit card/debit card, payable at Mumbai, in favour of ‘NSDL – PAN’.
Credit/debit card payment will attract 2% + GST additional charge, while with net banking it will be 4% +GST additional charge. DD or Demand Draft has to be sent to NSDL with name and acknowledgment number clearly mentioned on the reverse.
Finally, you can print the acknowledgment slip and sign the same. Submit the slip along with all the necessary document proofs to ‘NSDL e-Governance Infrastructure Limited, 5th floor, Mantri Sterling, Plot No. 341, Survey No. 997/8, Model Colony, Near Deep Bungalow Chowk, Pune – 411016’. Upon verification, your application will be processed.